For some months, Mr and Mrs W have been suffering some marital problems. However, they have been working fervently toward a mutually-agreeable solution. In the face of what would appear to be a very recent and serious set-back towards that goal, Mrs W has asked whether she and Mr W will stay together and eventually find happiness?
YES – this happy result should become clear in either 5 days, 5 weeks, or even possibly, 5 months. However, until then, expect further testing times (and manipulative power-plays).
- Because Mrs W is the querent, she is represented by Venus – ruler of the chart’s Taurus ascendant.
- Because Mr W is her husband, he is represented by Mars – ruler of the chart’s 7th house cusp (Scorpio).
- Venus (Mrs W) would be quite powerful in Pisces (where she is exalted) – but she is much weakened by being cadent (12th house) and square to the malefic, Saturn (in the 8th house of joint finances). She is also retrograde (back-pedalling). Doubtless, feeling constrained by her overall situation (most likely financial), Mrs W is reconsidering her options.
- Mars (Mr W) would be quite weak by being in detriment in Taurus – however he regains much power by being conjunct the chart’s Ascendant (i.e. he is both cadent and angular )- where he is in a much better position than Venus (Mrs W) to influence the outcome of the situation. Although modern planets (Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto) are not usually used in horary, it is tempting to suggest that because Mars (Mr W) is in trine aspect to Pluto, he has been manoeuvring behind the scenes to pull off a covert power-play. This somewhat malevolent game is also suggested by Mars conjunct the fixed star, Algol, which is associated with intensity and ruthlessness. If that were not enough to confirm suspicions, Mars is also conjunct the fixed star, Capulus, which is linked with aggressive, male energy.
- Be that as it may, in order to predict a happy ending for Mr and Mrs W, we need for Venus (Mrs W) and Mars (Mr W) to have an applying trine or sextile aspect between them. While these two are indeed in sextile aspect, it would appear (at first-blush) that they are separating (with Venus leading the way) rather than applying; this would not be good. However, Venus is currently in retrograde (back-pedalling) and after she turns direct (15th April), Mars will chase after and catch up with her on the 17th April at 2AM GMT- when the (now applying) sextile will be perfected.
- This is good news for Mr and Mrs W – and this should become clear in 5 days, 5 weeks, or perhaps even 5 months.
- In horary, the Moon is the overall symbol of how events play out (past, present, and future) and so before we give our final verdict here, we must also look to the Moon (3 Scorpio) and all aspects that it will make before it changes sign.
- Next aspect – Moon opposition Mercury – suggesting a favourable time for working out that mutually-agreeable solution.
- Next – Moon opposition Mars – suggesting a testing time for the couple – perhaps some teething problems with implementing that solution?
- Final – Moon trine Venus – good for marriage and love affairs, suggesting Mr and Mrs W will finally find that marital happiness they so desire – as this result confirms the initial analysis, we can now safely sat that this is the end of the matter.