The last time Neptune entered Aries was 13 April 1861, the exact date when the fall of Fort Sumter, marked the commencement of the first Civil War.
In early 2025, Neptune will enter Aries again for the first time since 1861.
Does this mean America will suffer another civil war? Maybe, and maybe not.
Although there are many methods we could use to investigate this, I suggest that we compare the ingress chart for the moment when Neptune entered Aries in 1861 with that of when it will enter Aries in 2025.
Summary: The same planetary players – Uranus/Mars/Moon – are in action in both charts but they group together differently. Maybe just a coup this time instead of a full-scale civil war? Who knows. But most certainly there is the same seriously quarrelsome mood afoot in both charts.
- 1861 – the conjunction of Uranus/Mars/Moon in Gemini in the 9th house (hovering near the Mid-heaven) is most prominent. If the Moon represents the common people, then in combination with Mars (military) and Uranus (revolutions/change/upheaval at all levels in a nation), this suggests a highly disgruntled populace ready for a fight to achieve serious change – especially regarding the ‘belief system’ holding the nation together (i.e. commonly accepted values and morals meant to safeguard society).
- 1861 – that Uranus/Mars/Moon conjunction in Gemini also ties into Saturn by square. Institutions/ traditions upholding law and order was at serious odds with the people. That Saturn is in the 12th house suggests something ‘fishy’ going in regards to national institutions/traditions – it also suggests those institutions/traditions were manifestly fearful of undergoing change. This conjunction also straddles the United States’ natal Uranus (8 Gemini 55) – the very symbol of the revolution the Americans had just fought to gain their freedom from Britain. It was time for a big change.
- 2025 – Uranus and Mars are in close sextile aspect – suggesting that military upheaval could be, again, in the cards. But this time, the Moon (common people) is not in line with Uranus/Mars (Moon makes a square to Mars). Although the people are again in a quarrelsome mood, they aren’t quite so keen on a military solution. Still, you can expect lots of angry rhetoric. This Moon is in the ‘hot-air’ sign of Aries, which it turns makes a square aspect with the US natal Mercury (the national myth). Note also that this ingress Mars sits directly on the US natal Mercury, reinforcing the idea of very angry words.
- 2025 – Mars is on the 4th house cusp of this chart (angular and hence, powerful). The 4th house also signifies the common people – not as an active group (as when symbolised by the Moon) but more as the place that the common people call ‘home’. If Moon/Mars combinations tend to be explosive, add Uranus (1st house) to the mix and it becomes even more so. This plays out both at home (4th house) and with the national identity (1st house). This is, frankly, worrying.
- 2025 – Pluto (violent phases of self-healing) in the 10th house (government and ruling class in including the president) could suggest a coup instead of an all-out civil war. This notion of ousting the government in favour of something more to the people’s liking is echoed with Pluto making a sextile to the Sun (politics, ruling class, and leaders).
- 2025 – Finally, although there is much energy (planets) in the 12th house, I believe this does not necessarily spell disaster. For example, it might symbolise lots of ‘underground’ diplomacy going on to avoid war. The problem is, however, that just the day before this a solar eclipse (9 Aries 0) occurred stirring up trouble. That eclipse not only falls in the US natal 4th house (the place people call ‘home’) but it also ties very closely to the US natal Uranus (8 Gemini 55) – that very same wave of revolutionary spirit that the Americans rode to break free from Britain 249 years before.