Mundane astrologers often construct ingress charts for each of the four annual calendar quarters in order to assess where a nation-state is headed for that quarter.
This chart is drawn for the Sun’s ingress into Capricorn on 21 December (Winter Solstice) in Washington, DC and should give a flavour for what to expect in the United States from then until March 2021, when at the Vernal Equinox, the Sun moves into Aries.
SUMMARY: From the winter solstice on 21st December 2020 until the Vernal Equinox on 20th March 2021, it is highly like that some subversion perpetrated on the American people will turn into a scandal of such magnitude that there will be significant change not only of America’s self-image, but also its image in the eyes of the rest of the world. Deception and confusion will be the order of the day and it is quite possible this will also manifest in break-down of law and order.
- Quite possibly the most important aspect of this chart is the conjunction of Neptune and the Moon in the 4th house. Not only is this tied closely with the IC (in this chart the cusp of the 4th house) but it also at the ‘bending’ (or square) to the nodal axis of 19 Gemini/Sagittarius 25. Typically, planets in such a position function as a ‘point of release’ in the sense that things ‘manifest in the outer world.
- In mundane astrology, Neptune is associated with subversion, delusion, and disillusion especially regarding the nation’s self-image as well as the image that said nation presents to others. Neptune is also associated with scandals that result in deception and confusion. Because the Moon is associated with the common people, the population as a whole, this suggests that some kind of subversion will be perpetrated on the American people.
- This theme is further suggested by Neptune/Moon being in the 4th house, which represents the concept of home and community.
- That the nodal axis sits in the 1st and 7th houses of this chart again suggests some change to the national image, or even the ‘American dream’ (1st house) that will come as the result of foreign relations (7th house). In other words, the suggestion is that the US national image will be effected by some sort of scandal or subversion of the common people and that this in turn will effect foreign relations.
- That the north node (19 Gemini 25) is reasonably close to the US natal Mars (21 Gemini 22), further suggests that aggression of some sort will be involved. To see how this might work, we might look to Mars, which because Scorpio is rising, is the Solstice chart ruler. Not only is the Mars in this chart ‘fighting fit’ (being in Aries, the sign of it rules) but that Mars is exactly in square to Pluto, which equates to all things hidden and secretive in a society as well as violent phases of self-healing.
- Earlier in the month on 14 December 2020, there is a total eclipse of the Sun at 23 Sagittarius, which being opposite that natal American Mars (22 Gemini 22), would have been activated by that eclipse.
- Eclipses denote beginnings and endings and with this eclipse again tied to the 1st and 7th houses of the natal American chart, the themes of national self-image and foreign relations is highlighted.
- Even earlier, on 30 November 2020, there was a lunar eclipse at 8 Gemini 38 that ties exactly with the US natal Uranus at 8 Gemini 55. Uranus is linked to revolutions, innovation, and break down of order. It would seem that what started around the time of that lunar eclipse at the end of November will continue to grow out of proportion.