This month is all about hidden passions and desires – what people find beautiful and desirable and in this respect, you might get a surprise! There will always a downside to everything one wants. This month is best used to figure out what that is and how best to manage it. Be flexible and ready to compromise. This is a time of big change. Best to stay on top of it.
- 30th April – the month of May starts out today with a solar eclipse at 10 Taurus. Take note, Uranus is close to the Sun/Moon and so strongly colours the eclipse energy. With every eclipse something ends and something begins but whilst lunar eclipses tend to herald endings, solar eclipses offer new opportunities. This eclipse is about breaking out of the status quo – making changes – personal breakthroughs. Uranus is in Taurus so the changes will be of a Venusian nature – it could manifest as a passionate new love affair – or wild creative impulse – equally it could be about changing how you take care of your body and finances.
- 1st May – Venus in Pisces sextiles Pluto in Capricorn – the Venusian theme continues – something hidden in your unconscious needs to be revealed – it might not be pretty but it probably won’t be too ugly either. Sextiles tend to provide opportunities rather than issuing a fiat. This means you’ll need to pay closer attention.
- 2nd May – Venus enters Aries – let’s be honest – for Venus, this is not a happy place – be careful – passions can get out of hand – you could be tempted to do things you might later regret. Tie all this back to the energy of the solar eclipse – you’re hungry to have your desires fulfilled, right? How far are you willing to go to accomplish this?
- 3rd May – Jupiter in Pisces sextiles Pluto in Capricorn – this adds momentum to the theme of inflamed passions. Ask yourself what might really grow from the seeds you’re planting here? There’s always a downside to every decisions/action. To the extent possible, scope this out in advance.
- 4th – 5th May – Mars in Pisces sextiles Uranus/Sun – this energy galvanises you into action. You are now clear what you want and you’re off to get it – for better or worse.
- 7th May – more of the same – with the Sun in Taurus in sextile with Mars in Pisces.
- 9th May – Mercury stations in Gemini before turning retrograde the next day. This happens exactly when Jupiter enters Aries. The temptation is the push impulsively to implement the changes that caught our attention at the beginning of the month. BUT something in your plan requires reconfiguration. Drop back and rethink!
- 10th May – Jupiter enters Aries – it’s a moment of huge growth – a pioneering energy pervades – throw caution to the wind – set out for new horizons. You’ll have the wind at your back for the better part of a year.
- 15th May – Sun in Taurus squares Saturn in Aquarius – all the excitement that’s been building up this month hits a stumbling block. Roadblocks take form and just before another big (lunar) eclipse hits too!
- 16th May – Lunar eclipse in Scorpio – we’ve been working toward breaking out of the status quo – but now we’re pulled back and forced to adapt. This could be quite emotional.
- 18th May – Mars conjunct Neptune in Pisces – with this, you realise a need to compromise or sacrifice – bottom line – you’re going to have to readjust your plans. The worst thing you can do is play the martyr when people/events spoil your big plans. There’s good reason why it’s happening. Do yourself a favour and figure that out.
- 19th May – Mercury in retrograde sextiles Jupiter in Aries – at last, a moment of encouragement! Good stuff! You’ve had to modify your original plans but you’re now getting in step with the new program. This is an opportunity. Take it.
- 20th May – Sun moves into Gemini. Be curious – learn new things – think outside of the box!
- 21st May – Mercury (cazimi) moves through heart of the Sun – this is an empowering moment for Mercury – the ideas/plans you put in play at the beginning of the month now should get a thumbs up. Yes, change was necessary. Yes, changes to those changes were necessary too. But (fingers crossed that’s now behind you. Get up and go!
- 22nd May – Mars in Pisces sextile Pluto in Capricorn – if you’ve accepted your need to sacrifice something of your big plans and made the necessary compromise, you are again in control of the bigger picture. Well done. It’s time to get on with the show!
- 24th May – Venus makes a sextile to Saturn in Aquarius – take a moment out – calm down and collect yourself and your thoughts – if you do, it will be to the benefit of everything you hold dear including your relationships.
- 24th May – Mars enters Aries – this is a BIG THING! It’s a powerful, action-oriented day and the energies will carry on for quite a while. Be careful how you use it though. It’s just as easy to slide into an angry rampage as it is to scale a mountain.
- 25th May – Mercury in retrograde in Taurus trine Pluto in Capricorn – expect some help in the way of unexpected resources. You know what you have to do and with this little bit of help, you’ll be ready to do it.
- 27th May – Venus in Aries squares Pluto in Capricorn – time to get down and dirty. This is a moment of catharsis. We’ve wanted something all month really bad – but now is the time testing – a gut-check moment – do you really still want it?
- 28th May – Venus enters Taurus – good stuff. The drama of our (potentially) out -of-control desires at last gains some practical ground.
- 29th May – Mars conjuncts Jupiter in Aries – this is the manifestation of the bold energies that coalesced at the beginning of the month. You needed to break the status quo – and do something very different regarding that which you find attractive and desirable. You’ve got it now. Maybe you didn’t expect to be in this place right now but you’re here. Enjoy it!