Should Ms A move to Guernsey with her husband to take up his new job?
NO – there is no current aspect between Ms A and a proposed move abroad – and although an aspect will occur (perfect) in the future, it is likely to come too late. In either 2 weeks or 2 months time, an event will occur that will hinder this anticipated move. On the other hand, the situation is ripe for the husband of Ms A to be offered a different – and perhaps even better – position (within either 8 weeks or 8 months time) which will not require a move to Guernsey.
- Ms A is the querent hence, because Scorpio is rising, she is symbolised by Mars which is strong in its rulership (Scorpio) and cadent in the 1st house. Hence Ms A is in an extremely strong position in regards to the question of whether or not this move should take place.
- The move to Guernsey is symbolised by the Moon because Cancer, the sign of the Moons rulership, is on the 9th house cusp (house of foreign places).
- No current aspect is formed by Mars (Ms A) and the Moon (Guernsey) even though they will form a harmonious sextile in the future. This suggests that although the circumstances under which the move might become favourable, it is likely to be too late to suit Ms A.
- In a horary chart, the Moon functions as a general significator of the situation, describing the surrounding circumstances as well as the forward and backwards movement of events; the past and future movements of the Moon in this chart (now at 8 Virgo 50), supports the above interpretation.
- The last aspect made by this moon was a favourable trine to the part of fortune, supporting the view that such a move would seem to be extremely favourable.
- However, the next aspect to be made by this Moon is a square to Saturn – one of the most damaging aspects that the Moon can suffer and in a general sense suggesting that the situation is leading to damage or loss. Because the Moon is 2 degrees away from perfection of this aspect, this damaging event will take place either within 2 weeks or 2 months.
- The next aspect to be made by the Moon is a sextile to the Sun, often taken to symbolize the man in a horary chart. This aspect suggests that in regards to his career (Leo on MC, ruler, the Sun), the husband of Ms A will enjoy favours from titled or influential people. It also suggests short journeys, beneficial changes, new friendships and advancement. Hence it is quite possible that he will be offered an even better job that will not require moving to Guernsey.
- The next aspect to be made by the Moon is a conjunction to Jupiter suggesting manifestation of that ‘better job offer’ and, because the Moon is 10 degrees from Jupiter, this is likely to occur within either 10 weeks or 10 months.
- The final aspects to be made by this Moon before it changes sign are a sextile to both Mercury and Mars – suggesting some sort of communication (in either 15 weeks or 15 months), which will prove beneficial in regards to Ms A’s husband’s proposed job move to Guernsey. However, as noted earlier, this is likely to come to late to suit Ms A.
- This is the end of the matter.
Ms K is going through a difficult patch during which she is questioning many things including not only what she ought to to do next in her life career-wise but also whether or not she ought to divorce.
- Although divorce remains a realistic possibility, it is not inevitable. Indeed, for at least (approximately) the next 12 months, it is not even advisable. Any separation settlement reached prior to that will likely fall far short of Ms K’s expectations.
- In the meantime, joint marriage/relationship counselling could prove extremely helpful – anything to get meaningful communication back on track between Ms K and her husband. Regenerating her current relationship may in the end prove more productive than ending it. Now is the time to be as honest and open and possible, however difficult that may seem.
- Also the situation may improve significantly if Ms K is able to find productive ways to express her significant repressed frustrations and/or disappointments. Undoubtedly, she is an ambitious, practical, meticulously organized person with very high standards. She is a natural born leader and clever strategist. A significant astrological theme at work in her life at the moment is the need to express ‘who’ and ‘what’ she is to the fullest – she needs the space and freedom to ‘do her own thing’ and set off on an exciting new adventure of her own making.
- Ms K might consider establishing her own business or even her own charity (she’s a natural born reformist and works best when working for herself) – in order to develop a worthy outlet for her enthusiasm and hard work.
- Most of all, Ms K should not allow others to dominate her thoughts and feelings at this time – she absolutely must assert ‘herself’ – perhaps even while at the same time as finding ‘herself’ – she may have taken the back seat for far too long.
- Ms K is a strong, patient, able individual who works hard to achieve personal success. She is a perfectionist capable of great discipline, self-control, and self-denial – she is a hard taskmaster – as hard on herself as she is hard on others. She is extremely attentive to detail, well organized, and practical in her approach. She is enthusiastic, and strategic, truly a force with which to be reckoned. Unfortunately, she tends to hold back expression of her frustrations (of which undoubtedly she has suffered many) and hence repressed anger is likely to be a significant (and continuing) problem. As the result, her reason may often be clouded and she can be impulsive and hot-headed at times. Development of effective anger management skills is must. Scorpio rising makes Mars and Pluto the chart rulers – Mars is in Cancer in the 8th house – out of sect and in ‘fall’ (damaged) and Pluto in Virgo conjunct the Mid-heaven in the 10th house.
- Ms K is a powerful storehouse of energy. She is naturally competitive (although not necessarily combative). She is enthusiastic, creative, courageous, enterprising – a natural born leader who prefers to play by the rules. Usually she enjoys remarkably robust health. Mars trine Saturn as well as the Sun in the 1st house conjunct the Ascendant.
- Ms K has a significant need to make an impact in the outer world – she is a natural born leader and would do equally well as a captain of industry as she would a political reformer. Her will-power to succeed as remarkable as he need to dominate others. However, her faith and vision (the magic of ambition and synchronicity) will always give her the leading edge. The more her capabilities are directed in very public ways, the better. She is naturally resilient in tough times and can help others to be the same. Pluto in Virgo trine Jupiter in Capricorn.
- Ms K is a naturally cautious, prudent person. She harbors a distinct lack of respect for those around her who are not as organized or focused as is she; she does not appreciate others who (in her opinion) take foolish risks. She also has little tolerance for those who fail to work hard to reach their full potential. Sun in Scorpio sextile Saturn in Capricorn.
- Ms K has an inborn prideful independence. She has a need not only for constant stimulation and excitement but also for the space and freedom to ‘do her own thing’. This is especially true in regards to her partnerships (marital or otherwise). Spontaneity is essential; she is quirky but beware of a tendency to be flighty. She is easily bored and hence easily dissatisfied. She is highly insightful. Not only does she need to learn to trust her natural instincts but also to ‘chill out’ and relax. Moon conjunct Uranus in Leo and Taurus on 7th house cusp with its ruler, Venus, in Sagittarius.
- Ms K has an amazing ability to meld enthusiasm with vision – she is highly individualist and creative, with strong capabilities in the world of symbolism and dreams. She might train as a psychological counselor or write stories and/or novels – key themes re: high adventure, spy thrillers, detective stories, passionate romance. Potential business themes – anything about which she is passionate: the more innovative and pioneering in form and approach, the better — fix something that needs to be fixed (Virgo on MC) – hot meals to senior citizens, local recreation centers, cookery classes, battered women sanctuaries, innovative child-care facilities, financial counseling for those overwhelmed with debt (Mars, chart ruler, in Cancer). Other potential fields of interest include journalism (start own newsletter or magazine), marketing and/or diplomacy (Mercury in Scorpio). HINT – use memories of ‘better times’ to stimulate new and future interests – Transiting Neptune in 4th house opposition transiting Jupiter in 1oth in close aspect to natal North Node in 10th.
- Her ideal of the perfect partner/husband is highly romanticized – she seeks a partner/husband who is not only highly romantic but also adventurous – one who perhaps can provide her with the finer things that money can buy – especially those that increase her status. (Jupiter, ruler of Sagittarius, in Capricorn in the 2nd house) Traditional ideals of ‘domestic bliss’ are not for Ms. K. – indeed she might well do best with long-distance relationships. Taurus on 7th house cusp with its ruler, Venus, in Sagittarius.
- Ms K is currently in her Venus/Mercury Fidaria – this is the time to focus not only on getting to grips with what she really values but also on honest communication within her relationships – but with her natal Mercury in Scorpio conjunct Neptune in the 12th house, this might prove much more difficult than she might otherwise think – Ms K is by nature secretive and has difficulty discerning the difference between ‘truth’ and ‘fantasy’; indeed, for her, they are often one and the same thing. This in itself is not a problem – making as it does for a highly imaginative, colourful and creative personality. However, the problems begin with others demand ‘truth’ and she can’t produce it – Ms K needs to understand that many others see ‘reality’ quite differently than does she. Focus on ‘relationship’ (as well as determining her own set of values) will continue through Ms K’s entire Venus Fidaria – i.e. from November 2012 – September 2021.
- At the moment, Ms K is under significant pressure to address her anger – much of which has quite likely repressed for many years (Transiting Pluto opposition natal Mars in Cancer (in ‘fall’ and out of sect). The theme most likely underlying this repressed anger surrounds issues of my/our money (2nd/8th house). Although addressing her anger may be extremely difficult, this process is very necessary for if such anger remains repressed, it will cause increasing personal difficulties and even ill health. Pluto acts to eliminate all that is holding her back from moving forward and if she refuses to let go gracefully, Pluto will (painfully) rip it away. This (admittedly difficult) opportunity to address her anger will continue until November 2018. Expect February 2017, June 2017, and December 2017/January 2018 to be particularly difficult – with final resolution coming throughout the autumn of 2018. To gain some insight into this process, Ms K may wish to think back to December 1978, February-March and also September 1979 when transiting Pluto in Libra was in square aspect to her Mars. The good news is that with transiting Pluto also in sextile aspect with Ms K’s natal Sun, the period through autumn 2018 presents an excellent opportunity to not only deepen her existing relationships, but also to shed old habits and attitudes that have been holding her back from achieving a more rewarding, exciting life – TAKE CREATIVE RISKS!
- Regeneration (i.e. deep transformation) of her romantic/emotional relationships (rather than terminating them and starting anew) is indicated (Progressed Venus opposition progressed Moon/Pluto).
- Should Ms K divorce?
Because I am the querent, then in this horary chart, Ms K is Mars (Aries on 7th house cusp) and her spouse is Venus (Libra on 1st house cusp – derived 7th house of MS K’s relationship). Venus (husband) is the faster moving planet and perfects a trine with Mars on 6 July suggesting that he will present an agreement of some sort to her in approximately four months (4 days symbolically become 4 months). Whether or not this leads to divorce , however, requires further consideration.
Mars (Ms K) is in quincunx aspect to Uranus, the planet which is the classic signification of divorce. However, the quincunx aspect suggests that something is out of joint – wrong – regarding the question of divorce and that Ms K and her husband will need to fix it prior to proceeding – restructuring, re-negotation, alternation of some sort is required. This quincunx aspect between Mars (Ms K) and her divorce (Uranus) perfects on 14 July 2016 – this suggests that divorce remains serious possibility – although it is not ‘written in the cards’, so to speak. Again ‘something’ is wrong with the present ideas surrounding a divorce and divorce will not proceed until it is fixed. Because the Moon is in the 8th house (inheritances and joint finances) this ‘something’ wrong is likely to do with money and is not likely to be resolved until after approximately 12 months (12 days to aspect perfection suggests 12 months in real time).
In a horary chart, the Moon functions as a general significator of the situation, describing the surrounding circumstances as well as the forward and backwards movement of events. The last aspect made by this Moon was a square with Neptune and a simultaneous opposition to Saturn suggesting mutual indecision/confusion regarding whether divorce is beneficial (again because Saturn is in the 2nd house, this is likely to do at least in part, with resources/money). The next aspect that will be made by the Moon will be a square with Jupiter suggesting that whatever settlement or decision taken will not be beneficial, and will fall short of expectations. Outside mediation or involvement of qualified others is indicated. Finally (before changing zodiac signs) the Moon will form a sextile with Uranus – divorce is a realistic possibility – but not a given. This is the end of the matter.
Will the UK leave the EU?
Based on my interpretation of this horary chart, this is now a moot question.
The UK is represented by Jupiter because Pisces (which Jupiter rules) is on the cusp of the 7th house, i.e. the house of the quesited. The EU is represented by Mercury because Virgo is on the cusp of the 1st house (the 7th house of partnerships for the UK).
Mercury is at 26 Gemini and Jupiter is at 16 Virgo. They form a separating square. There are no applying aspects. This states clearly that there is no future between the two. Everything in regards to the (square = difficult) relationship of the UK’s EU membership was decided when that square was perfected on 23 June.
In a horary chart, the Moon functions as a general significator of the situation, describing the surrounding circumstances as well as the forward and backwards movement of events; the past and future movements of the Moon in this chart (now at 15 Aries), supports the above interpretation.
The last aspect made by this Moon was a square to Venus at 13 Cancer, suggesting that diplomatic efforts to resolve conflicts between the UK and the EU have now failed. This failure lies at the heart of the next aspect yet to be made by the Moon – a square with Pluto indicating transformation and/or regeneration of the relationship between the UK and EU. The next aspect the Moon will make after that is a conjunction with Uranus, the classic significator of a divorce. After this, the Moon makes a sextile to Mercury suggesting that some mutually suitable agreement will be be announced and because these two planets (Mercury and the Moon) are 11 degrees apart, this will occur most likely within 11 months time. That is the end of the matter.
From 2012 – 2025, the planet Neptune transits Pisces, the zodiacal sign of its rulership where it comes strong into own.
According to Liz Greene (The Astrological Neptune and the Quest for Redemption, pp – 293-297) this is characterised politically by:
- Disintegration of existing structures and values,
- Escapist tendencies leading to embracing utopian ideals – i.e. a mythical golden age to which if only we might return, all will be shiny and bright again,
- ‘Virus of nationalism’ – i.e. dreams of OUR glorious past – free of foreign influence – national purity and self-sufficiency – spiritual longing for that wonderful lost world, (we believe) once was enjoyed by our forefathers.
Remember that in Greek, the world ‘utopia’ means ‘nowhere’.
Is ‘nowhere’ where you really want to go?
PS: the last time Neptune was in Pisces was 1846-1848 during which period was waged the Mexican-American war: