In January 2021, it’s all about Mars triggering some intense dynamics which will front-end some of the most potent astrological energy for the entire year. Pay attention here – these same themes repeat again and again – learn your lessons early and spare yourself some pain.
- 4-6 January – Mars is in the final degrees of Aries – wrapping up his last hurrah in the sign that he rules – expect some finality to things that will have commenced in June 2020. Take this as a warning – if you’re spoiling to pick a fight, don’t do it – if you’re tempted to thrown caution to the wind and take a chance, don’t, again – the chances are it won’t go well and you’re more likely than not to be sorry.
- 6 – 7 January – Mars is making a difficult transition into Taurus – think about the bull in the china shop – if you can harness this energy in a practical and pleasant way for both yourself and others, then go ahead and give it a try. But be honest here! If you’re still spoiling for a fight – or your ambition is running at an all-time high, sit this one out until the energy is more settled.
- 8 January – Venus (planetary host for Mars in Taurus) moves into Capricorn and at least for Mars, this is good news. On its own, Mars is still far from settled (forming a square to Saturn and Jupiter and a conjunction with Uranus) – but Venus is now in a position to help Mars out. If you need to push a bit in order to get things done, then OK – do it now – but do it with diplomacy and style – remember that old proverb that you’ll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar – never has this been more true than now.
- 13 January – Mars squares Saturn in Aquarius – this is the moment that the pressure cooker could explode – tension that has been building from about the 6th of January will peak – if you really need to get things done – then do it with patience, hard work, and discipline. But if you’re frustrated and tempted to push too hard, don’t forget it can still all go wrong – turn down the heat rather than turning it up.
- 17 January – Mars gets into aspect with Jupiter and Uranus – this is bright, expansive energy – but also rebellious. Think inspirational, enthusiastic revolution – the sky is the limit – break through old boundaries – do new and wonderful things – BUT BEWARE – unbridled enthusiasm here could quickly turn into hubris – the warning is don’t fly too high or you’ll be certain to be shot down – think the Icarus Syndrome! This is a potential problem for the entire year – you may not like the idea of a glass ceiling – but there is one – and if you crash through it, there will be fallout – probably coming sooner than later.
- 20 January – First quarter Moon (a tense moment in every lunar cycle) that highlights the Mars/Uranus aspect – this could be the blood-bath that accompanies every revolution. Defiance – rebellion – explosive militance are the bywords – Oh, dear, this could all go all terribly wrong and all too easily.
- 23 January – Mars bridges both Jupiter/Uranus (through ‘translation of the light’) – so now all three planetary energies are involved – OK, let’s take this one step at a time – usually Mars/Jupiter brings excellence to athletes and military people as well as to judges and lawyers – but add Uranus to the mix and expect the unexpected – nothing will go to plan – the more defiant you are in the face of this, the greater the potential for serious damage. But if you can remain balanced and diplomatic in handling this energy (remember Venus), you stand to win – and because Venus (diplomacy) is in Capricorn, you could win big.
- 28 January – the full moon in Leo reminds us that the more egoistic we are in playing the game, the more potential there is for longer-term damage. Again, think the Icarus Syndrome – you may figure you deserve success and recognition and quite possibility you’re right – but with energy like this a little humility goes a long way. You know you’re in trouble when you’re tempted ignore good counsel and go it alone – placing excessive confidence in your own prowess and judgement.
- 31 January – the same themes continue to play out – it’s a dynamic month that will go out with a BIG BANG! Remember progress can be good and progress can be bad and if you fail to note the difference, you could be in trouble. Don’t try to fix it if it’s not broken and if it could use some work, don’t throw out the baby with the bath water! This could even suggest some natural ‘disasters’ – there’s a lot of different energies grinding away here and they are not terribly comfortable together.