- In the UK, the next three months will be difficult – very difficult to be brutally honest – consider this akin to a death and rebirth. However, the good new is that there’s ample evidence in this chart that the people of this nation (albeit perhaps not including the current government) have the resolve, desire, and spirit of enterprise to pull through this crisis. We might also see some expected developments in BREXIT and our relationship with Europe
- By contrast, in the US the next three months – equally difficult – will likely be characterized by illusion, disillusion, confusion and (self-imposed) deception. The need to be ‘perfect’ will severely hamper the situation in the United States.
Detailed points of consideration:
- With Capricorn rising, the key to the entire situation is Saturn, the chart ruler, and he is a particularly strong position in his home sign.
- In mundane astrology Saturn often represents the amount of freedom a society permits or denies itself. In Capricorn, this is likely to be restrictive. This is now clearly showing up with social-distancing and self-isolation – some of it mandatory, some not. Saturn as chart ruler also suggests that UK is slipping into a its ‘traditional’ and conservative outlook. The sign on the Ascendant is oft said to represent the national ‘myth’ and in the UK that myth has traditionally been in keeping with Capricorn: ‘knuckle under’ and ‘get on with the job’.
- Yet that is not the entire story; Pluto is rising in this chart and is within seconds of arc with a conjunction with the Ascendant. Also note Jupiter/Mars conjunction has just risen. This is not to mention that in this chart, the 1st house has no fewer than 5 (or 50%) of all the possible planetary players.
- In mundane astrology, the 1st house governs the health and general disposition of the nation and its people. This suggests the UK is being heavily hit and it shows.
- More specifically, planets making close contact (within 2-3 degrees) with the ASC/DSC are seriously powerful players and the planet in this chart is Pluto. Here the health and general disposition of the UK and its people is characterized by the principle of rebirth that comes as the result of death and decay. We may thus speculate that in the next calendar quarter, the UK will experience a trauma that could quite literally bring the nation-state to its knees.
- The 7th house, governing the UK’s foreign relations as well as agreements is also impacted by Pluto. I would hazard a guess that suggests significant ‘reconsideration’ of the UK’s position re: BREXIT and its relationship with Europe.
- The good news, however, is that Pluto also represents the healing principle, which impels the collective – as an organic whole – to experience violent phases of self- healing, in order to regain health.
- Pluto is also making close contact (by Sextile/Trine) to MC/IC axis. The MC (also the 10th house cusp) represents the country’s leadership – in this case the prime minister and his style of government. Pluto also represents corporate affairs and similar group activity especially when applied to selfish advantage. That the prime minster is tied in with this suggests that what we are being told is something less than the truth – at least about the economy and the impact of this crisis on corporate affairs. In addition, because Pluto also suggests self-destructive impulses, any governmental activity along these lines is not likely to bring happy results for anyone.
- Pluto is also making close contact with the 4th house (the IC in this chart) which suggests that difficult challenges and changes can be expected to be made by the citizens of the UK especially in regards to their domestic situations. This also comes as no surprise but because this chart covers the energy to be experienced over the next 3 months, it might carry on longer than anticipated (at least by some).
- The final piece of the puzzle comes with the Mars/Jupiter conjunction that also is making close contact all the chart angles (MC/IC and ASC/DSC). This suggests that the nation has the resolve and ability to pull through this crisis. Add Pluto to this mix, and we find an extraordinary spirit of enterprise as well as the desire and ability to tackle huge problems with great success.
- When the going gets tough, the tough (in the case the people of the United Kingdom) get going. YEAH!
By contrast, the chart set for Washington DC, suggests that the United States will not fare so well.
- As Capricorn is also rising in this chart, Saturn is still the chart ruler and again we can expect social-distancing and self-isolation. Clearly that is already happening although perhaps not as wide a scale as in the UK.
- But the planet that sets off the ASC/DSC axis (1st and 7th houses) in this chart is not Pluto as it was in the UK chart, but Neptune.
- Whilst Pluto suggests that the UK would undergo self-healing, however difficult, Neptune suggests that the American’s collective need to be ‘perfect’ (not only in the image it presents to others but also as to how it sees itself) will hamper their recovery.
- In this respect Neptune suggests the United States as a whole will suffer over the next calendar quarter from illusion, disillusion, confusion and deception.