Karen Thorne, an astrologer who over many years has earned my highest regard, has advised that in order to find my ‘truth’, I need to look to all the squares and oppositions in my natal chart – because they represent energies that have been somehow squashed – yet they remain essential for me to be the best that I possibly can. There is no opportunity here to ‘fake it until I make it’ – this is my essence – this is what I am.
For example, my Mercury/Neptune/Saturn conjunction in Libra is square my nodal axis (Capricorn/Cancer). This means that my South Node (Cancer) represents energy with which it is easy for me to work (i.e. all things related to creating a safe and comfortable home). By contrast, my North Node in Capricorn requires me to build a solid/successful business or career in the outside world – a business/career that suits me and me, alone. I know that I’ve already done this once but now I must do it again – and believe me, it’s harder the second time. At least I also know that because my Mercury/Neptune/Saturn in Libra are in square with the nodal axis, that whatever the energy that they represent must be be integrated for me to be successful.
In this regard, Karen has suggested that I look to Linda Goodman’s Sun Signs – concentrating on the best (positive) points about Libra and start doing them ASAP:
- Librans are usually good natured and pleasant but they can also be sulky –don’t worry – soon enough they will return to being their usual adorable and charming selves.
- Librans love people, but hate large crowds.
- Librans are extremely intelligent.
- Librans may love to talk – but they also make excellent listeners.
- Librans may rush about for many months in frenzied activity – then suddenly stop – sit down – do very little (i.e. be lazy) for what may seem like a very long time – until they’ve recouped their energy and then they start all over again with that frenzied activity.
- Librans are kind, gentle, and fair although they are prone to being argumentative, stubborn and indecisive.
- Librans don’t really care which side of a good argument they take as long as it’s the ‘other side’. This is because they see both sides of that argument – and this can make him/her an excellent mediator.
- Librans are good strategists (rational/logical minds).
- Librans hate embarrassing displays of anger/passion.
- Librans are both responsible and dependable.
Undoubtedly, all of the above is essential to my ‘truth’ – but I must somehow filter it through my Mercury/Neptune/Saturn.
According to Liz Greene, Saturn/Neptune is a 36-year cycle that has to do primarily with grounding (Saturn) spirituality (Neptune).
My becoming an astrological coach would seem to fit this bill. I’m a natural at mediation (seeing both sides of an argument), strategy, and I’m a good listener. I love people (but not crowds) and I am fair. Promoting harmony both for myself and clients would be gratifying. But how can I avoid displays of anger/passion that are an essential part of being a coach? OK – that’s a challenge – but I can handle it. Although at times I can be lazy – taking time out to recoup – if I’m in charge of my own schedule, I can manage this better. Sounding good… but – yikes – is it what I really want to do? I don’t know. Do I have what it takes to build such a practice? I don’t even know how to get started…
OK – STOP – this is my Capricorn North Node stressing – it’s uncomfortable to move outside my (South Node) comfort zone – Time to release all that’s negative – all that might be holding me back from attaining my North Node. Karen says I need now to look at what Ms Goodman has to say about the best bits of Capricorn:
- Capricorn is persistent and determined – like in Aesop’s fable about the race between the tortoise and the hare – speed and agility is not what it takes in order to win. Capricorn knows that and then some.
- Capricorn is ambitious – serious and sensible – disciplined, too. By focussing on putting one foot in front of the other – Capricorn always wins.
- Capricorn respects authority and tradition; over time, Capricorn becomes the face of authority and tradition. Capricorn is the master of time.
- Capricorn organises, controls. Capricorn is strategic. Capricorn learns his lessons the hard way – but the point is that Capricorn does learn.
- Capricorn has an innate sense of balance and harmony.
- Capricorn hates emotional/passionate scenes.
- Capricorn is both responsible and dependable.
I’m beginning to see a pattern here – aren’t you?
- Balance & harmony
- Responsible & dependable
- Don’t race forward – but do keep going.
- Stubborn persistence wins the day.
- Avoid messy emotions – not the least of which, my own.
Now the question comes – what am I to do with all this?
My goals is to ground spirituality in a way that contributes to building a (new) career and/or business – get strategic – stop whinging and get moving – a determined, fair, sensible, and traditional approach will win the day – I will not accomplish this overnight – but in the end, I will prevail.