This morning, at 9:04 GMT, we experienced a powerful solar eclipse.
It occurred at 9 Virgo 21.
Unless an eclipse triggers a sensitive natal aspect (i.e. between 5-13 degrees of Virgo, Sagittarius, Pisces, or Gemini), or falls on your angles (i.e. cusps of the 1st, 4th, 7th, or 10th houses), you are likely not to feel it too much.
But if it does, then it will function like a power surge, provoking a crisis of some sort, something with which you’ll be forced to deal. For clues, look back to your life experiences during the previous eclipse season 19 years ago in regards to any one or all of the following:
- Natal Sun: You were born to be the hero of your life story – but sometimes from fear or false modesty, you delegate this role to another. When an eclipse makes an aspect to your natal Sun, you can no longer avoid assuming the starring role in your life. Expect issues with authority figures like parents or bosses, all those to whom in the past, you’ve abdicated your personal power.
- Natal Moon – Throughout your life, you seek to reclaim the security and safety that you enjoyed in your mother’s womb. You feather your nest, stock the pantry with yummy foods, and surround yourself with all that which makes you feel comfortable. But when an eclipse makes aspects your natal Moon, something – a new living situation, a change in health – will leave you feeling exposed.
- Natal Mercury: You define yourself through your names, rank , and serial number – your position in the pecking order at home,school, or in the workplace. When eclipses aspect natal Mercury, prepare for a changes in the way in which you define yourself. Mercury is the storyteller. It’s time start writing your life story from a different point of view or perspective.
- Natal Venus: Wouldn’t you just love it if you’d been born with self-confidence, great relationships, fabulous looks – not to mention oodles of cash?! Eclipse aspects to Venus remind you that you don’t always get that which you might think that you deserve. This realisation usually comes through financial challenges, relationship transitions, or flagging self-esteem.
- Natal Mars: Mars operates as your personal guard dog – protecting your home, your reputation, your family, defining your boundaries. When an eclipse makes an aspect to your natal Mars, the watch dog is stirred up and straining at his leash; take what’s yours, but just make sure no one gets hurt.
- Natal Jupiter: Do you love an adventure? Taking a chance, making a gamble, an exotic trip to somewhere you’ve never before been? When an eclipse makes an aspect to your natal Jupiter, you’re revved up to have a go, take that chance, do whatever you think is needed to get your life back on track.
- Natal Saturn: When an eclipse makes an aspect to your Saturn, you may feel worn out and/or discouraged. Maybe you’ve your outgrown your present life it or maybe you’re still playing by outdated rules? Just remember that you’ll never get anywhere by blaming others for your difficult situation. Regardless of how things got this way, only you can take the positive action needed to make your life better.
- Natal Uranus: When an eclipse makes an aspect to your natal Uranus, you may feel like a misfit, a clown, a scapegoat – and, well…let’s be honest – that hurts. Recognising who are and are not your friends, is a key challenge now. Identify only with groups that allow you be yourself.
- Natal Neptune: Now’s the time to examine your blind spots, examine your faith, and dispute that which you’ve always believed was indisputable. If you’ve been fooling yourself – hiding away from reality, then expect a wakeup call.
- Natal Pluto: We all have a darker side; feelings of rage, jealousy, and/or fear. These make us weaker, slaves to our emotions, not to mention allowing those who are self-possessed to further manipulate us. When an eclipse makes an aspect to your natal Pluto, expect to confront the dark side – either in yourself or in those you’ve allowed to embody it for you. Power struggles are the order of the day.
Leave a Reply