During the period between April-June 2018, expect the United States to lead the way on international agreements/treaties – probably in regards to manufacturing – that are both regressive and aggressive. Although outright war is not likely to break out, military action of some sort to enforce such agreements/treaties is a possibility. The key here is what you see is not what you get. The reality of the situation will be well hidden by a smokescreen of seemingly soft politics. Interestingly, any trade agreements/treaties introduced during this time will likely be popular with the American public.
The Berlin astrologer, EH Troinski, worked extensively with ingress charts to predict war. Using the Placidus house system, he concentrated on charts set for the time of the Sun’s ingress into the four cardinal signs at the location of the capital city of the country in question. His research has indicated that several key planetary patterns recurred predicting war.
This chart is set for the United States (Washington, DC) for the Sun’s ingress into Aries for 2018 – the exact moment of the vernal equinox. This should give clues as to the dynamics in play for the US from then through the summer solstice in 2018 (21 June).
Points of consideration:
- None of the traditional indications of war as set forth by Troinski are present. Hence war involving the United States (i.e. war in its usual military sense) is unlikely.
- Neptune is closely conjunct to the MC in this chart (thirty minutes of arc). In mundane astrology, Neptune represents, among other things, utopian tendencies, collectivist values, left wing policies. Neptune in this position suggests the US government (represented by the MC/10th house) will tone down aggressive rhetoric and be seen to seek softer solutions. The key word here is seen – i.e. with Neptune (underhanded and subversive) so high in the sky and tied in with American authority (in this case, the Sun, or the President) – whatever is ‘seen’ to be the case re: US politics is probably anything but what is actually going on – in any chart, Neptune is the perfect smokescreen.
- Saturn and Mars straddle the DSC or 7th house cusp. In mundane astrology, the 7th house rules relations with other societies and countries and in particular the fruits of productive labor sold to foreign countries. Aspects of this includes treaties, alliances, and of course wars. Saturn represents the legal system and the police. In mundane charts, Saturn is repressive and controlling. It also represents fear of change. Mars, as you might imagine, signifies the military but it also represents manufacturing. For any nation-state to take care of itself, it must be able take aggressive action. Both Saturn and this Mars are strong in Capricorn and so any aggressive action taken by the United States during this period will be strongly felt by other countries. Although war in the military sense is unlikely (no other signifiers present), some kind of repressive, aggressive international agreement or alliance in regards to manufacturing is a distinct possibility.
- The Moon – because Cancer is rising, the Moon (popular opinion and mass ideologies) is the ruler of this chart. Interestingly, the Moon (strong in Taurus) is in the 11th house and very closely trine to that Saturn. Because the 11th house is associated with legislature and local government, this aggressive, repressive agreement will likely be the result of legislation. The 11th house is also relevant in foreign affairs where it is said to relate to friendly nations. In this case, then, that legislation might be some kind of trade pact between America and her friends that somehow, represents a threat to other nations. If this were to happen, it’s more likely than not to be in keeping with popular opinion.
- Uranus ingress into Taurus – on 15 May 2018, about a month after the vernal equinox, the planet Uranus moves into Taurus, where it has not been since 1934 – 1941. Please see my earlier post for details on what this might mean – but the overall tone is something along the lines of American actions leading the way toward disruption in world security and stability (think of the rise of Nazi Germany). The effects of such disruption might be expected to be felt for up to seven years (the period during which Uranus is in Taurus).
Leave a Reply