Based on a horary done on 25 August 2020 at 11:36 PM Minneapolis, MN we might well expect that Biden will win the popular vote but the electoral college may deliver a different result. Either way, the transits in play today suggest that there will be confusion – maybe even subterfuge – and it might all end up in the courts.
Expect some resolution around the 11th of November but the ‘new beginning’ for which we’re all waiting won’t be ushered in until the Winter Solstice 2020 (21st December @ 10:03 GMT).
The individual natal charts of the two presidential contestants suggest pretty much the same. Trump is not in good shape – major transitions ahead – and not in a comfortable way. Biden is in much better shape re: winning this election but there are health concerns that could get in the way of his enjoyment of this win.
- Trump is the sitting president so he is represented by the ruler of the 10th house – which because Aquarius is there, means Saturn.
- Saturn is in sign of rulership so that’s good but retrograde (moving backwards) so not so good. Saturn is also in a cadent house (9th) – which is weak.
- Most importantly, Saturn makes no connection with the Moon in this chart, which represents the ‘people’ i.e. the voters.
- Biden is represented by Mercury because Gemini (the sign ruled by Mercury) is on the 1st house cusp. The question was framed – will Biden win – so he takes that placement.
- Mercury is also in good shape – in rulership in Virgo and NOT retrograde – but driving forwards. This is good. Mercury is also in the 5th house, which is succedent, and although could be better placed, is in better condition than Saturn.
- This goes with the polls.
- The next aspect the Moon will make is to form an exact square to the Moon, which is the contact/connection with the voters for which we are looking. The popular vote goes to Biden.
- This however doesn’t consider the electoral college – which we will take to be represented by the ruler of the 11th house (groups, legislature, local government).
- Because Pisces is on the cusp of that house, Jupiter is symbolic of the Electoral College. Interestingly, the Moon (popular vote) makes a conjunction (by antiscia) with Jupiter (the Electoral College) so one interpretation may be that the common vote is now subsumed by the Electoral College (Jupiter) and Jupiter is in Capricorn which might suggest Trump wins via that pathway.
- Jupiter is in fall in Capricorn and this doesn’t bode well for a clean win – keeping in mind that Jupiter is conjunction Pluto, often representing scandals and behind-the-scenes deals/game-playing, this muddies the electoral waters.
- Mercury (communication and connections) today stations and turns direct (in Libra – i.e. the legal system) whilst forming a Square with Saturn. This further suggests problems/blockages/delays with the outcome of the election – contest results in the courts is a real possibility.
- Peaceful transition is not likely because in the 9th– 12th of November, Venus (ruler of Libra) opposes Mars (conflict) on the very day that Jupiter (legal system) forms an exact conjunction with Pluto (dirty deals).
- But then shortly after this, we ought to see some resolution = as these transits bringing it all to the head start to dissipate.
- Finally with the Winter Solstice, Jupiter and Saturn form a conjunction in Aquarius and energy of 2020 will be finished and a new phase beginning on an ideological and philosophical level.
- Transiting Jupiter/Pluto/Saturn are opposing his natal Saturn/Venus conjunction in this 12thhouse and this often is interpreted as divorce and similar legal issues – and because the 12thhouse is involved, we can also thing about prison.
- On the other hand, natal Saturn in Trump’s chart is well-protected (i.e. enclosed by the beneficial planets, Venus and Jupiter). This could be why Trump seems to slip away from conflict – i.e. Teflon Charlie.
- But transiting Neptune will next year make a square aspect to Trumps nodal axis and his Sun and Moon (the ‘lights’. This suggests something of a karmic change – a crossroads – and not usually in a comfortable way – as well as a feeling of being ‘lost’ and ‘displacement’. A serious question of his purpose in the world. In any event, next year will not be stable for Trump next year – and so even as he wins, he is likely to struggle – maybe with a Democrat ruled Senate?
- Natal Progressions – these are not usually as prominent as transits but they do suggest the individual’s state of mind and Trump has a progressed new Moon (in Virgo) in his 12th house – this theme of something new happening and in the 12th house ( prison or otherwise displaced and in limbo). Progressed Ascendant for Trump changes on the Winter Solstice 2020 (big day anyway as noted above) from Libra into Scorpio – and now the ruler of his progressed chart is Mars which in this progressed house is debilitated in Libra in the 12th house (again). Further, at the same time the progressed MC (midheaven) shifts from Cancer into Leo and progressed Saturn is right there too. This suggests the way in which Trump is in the world is difficult and challenged.
- A lunar eclipse in his natal 7th house on his natal Saturn on 30 November 2020 suggests the end of conflicts in divorce proceedings – in this case, expect separation and resolution of issues with opponents. The status of Saturn in his chart is huge and in his progressed chart, his Saturn turns direct.
- A solar eclipse in his natal 1st house on 14 December 2020 – this suggests a moment of personal empowerment – life path changes hugely – and this happens near his Lot of Victory (Arabic parts).
- Transiting Jupiter/Saturn enter Aquarius (new beginnings) on the Winter Solstice immediately form a square with Biden’s natal Moon in Taurus, which is an empowered Moon in the 6thhouse. This is favourable not least because his Part of Fortune is here. An exalted planet in the 6th house provides ability to overcome misfortunes.
- However, this could also suggest significant health problems for Biden coming up. Put that together with the eclipse in his 1st natal house – new beginnings yes, but at what cost?
- Transiting Neptune is going over his IC (4th house in this chart) – traditionally this suggest moving to a new house – perhaps in the White House?
- Transiting Saturn/Pluto/Jupiter – which is a heavy hitter and not so comfortable planetary grouping is making an opposition to Biden’s natal Jupiter, which is the chart ruler (Sagittarius rising). This could be another suggestion of ill-health. The good news is that his natal Jupiter is exalted in Cancer so suggests he might well ‘escape’ or overcome an ill-health issue.
- If health issues do arise prior to Biden’s inauguration (if he wins), this could represent a big-bang ending for calendar 2020.
- There are suggestions that should Biden win this election, he either would not run or win a 2024 election. There is a ‘winding down’ in his career/vocation.
- Progressions – Biden is also coming out of new progressed moon – in his 1st progressed house – and making conjunction with (exalted) progressed Venus in Pisces, the Moon in Pisces, and the progressed Part of Fortune as well as sextile exalted Mars (in Capricorn). This is good stuff and points toward victory. However, the progressed Ascendant in the chart coming conjunct to the progressed South Node again suggests health problems.