Time-travelling back from 21st century Oxford to Elizabethan England to work with the Queen’s conjurer, Dr John Dee, Judith Shakespeare’s classical/medieval astrology (and alchemy – but that’s another post) must be up to snuff.
Hence the following is my new heroine’s astrological character profile of herself:
- I’m curious, forthright, flighty, flirty, and very engaging (Sun/Venus in Gemini – angular in the 7th house).
According to Bonatti, a Sun in Gemini:
‘…shows person who is exceedingly practiced and expert, teaching many things and giving orders, learned men and women who are able to debate academics and many who will be aware of celestial matters. They are good with numbers, magic, astronomy, divination and chemistry.’
- I’m also hard working and highly effective – (Sun/Venus in square with the MC – i.e. plugged into the angles).
- Having said that, I do get bored easily (Saturn in Scorpio). I realise that as the result of this many (especially my wretched sister) think that I’m lazy. And indeed whilst this is one of much chief frustrations, nothing could be further from the truth.
- I am a veritable dynamo – up for every challenge – I’m determined, feisty, formidable (Scorpio rising = Mars is chart ruler – Mars in rulership by sign and triplicity – conjunct Saturn ). Folks (except for Master Williams whom I unfortunately meet within the first few pages of my story – ARHGGG!) realise they can’t push me around.
- I’m secretive (Scorpio rising) but what’s wrong with some privacy? The good news is that with this configuration, readers can be assured that because I’ve chosen to write my story for them, it’s a story worth their reading.
- I do have a tendency to get a little hot under the collar.
- According to Bonatti, Mars in the terms of Mercury (& out of Sect): ‘This person is hot-headed and their reason is clouded.’
- The good news however is that with such a strong Mars, not only am I sexually powerful and alluring, I enjoy breaking social taboos – steamy sex scenes here we come!
- With Moon in Leo, I’m strong, proud, and courageous. Because of this (and despite all that Scorpio), I do try to be honest and sincere and one of my proudest achievements is that because of this, I’m often put in positions of great trust.
- However with my Jupiter in fall in Capricorn, I also often let people down. Sorry.
According to Bonatti, a Jupiter in Capricorn (out of sect) :
‘This placement of Jupiter leads to the person suffering injustice and many failings in business dealings. They may be corrupt and ruined of life.
- The big unknown however is the effect of that seriously malefic North Node conjunct my Sun/Venus in Gemini.
According to the Liber Hermetis (attributed to Hermes Trismegistus):
“The Nodes bring errors and turbulence of life.”