On Wednesday, Theresa May triggered Article 50 and BREXIT begins; I would not be surprised if the UK government employed astrologers to advise as to the timing of this – the astrological symbolism is perfect:
- Five planets (Venus, Sun, Uranus, Moon, Mercury)
- Clustered in ARIES (fighting fit) – cardinal (whoosh) fire
- Highly visible at the top of the chart (HIGH NOON)
- with the Sun and Venus straddling the Midheaven (MC).
- The UK people (Moon)
- have delivered a radical and rebellious (Uranus)
- albeit diplomatic (Venus)
- message (Mercury)
- through their Prime Minster (Sun)
- that they are taking back control of their nation – regardless of the consequences (Aries).
When looking at the BREXIT chart in comparison with the UK natal chart, we find that BREXIT stellium in Aries at the UK natal Descendant – SUNSET – waving a fond farewell to the EU – GOODBYE (for now).
Also, when comparing the UK natal chart (inner ring) to the BREXIT chart (outer ring) we might consider the following:
- BREXIT was inevitable – the BREXIT Jupiter opposition Uranus is conjunct the UK’s nodal axis (‘fated’ past/future) – The 14-year cycle involving Jupiter and Uranus is all about the Promethean Spirit – rebellion – self-determination – saying ‘no’ to the status quo. Here we find Jupiter and Uranus in opposition – 180 degrees – the extreme point of the cycle that began in 2010 (Jupiter and Uranus were conjunct together at 0 degrees Aries). Unsurprisingly, it was in 2010 that the Daily Express became the first mainstream national newspaper to demand that the UK should leave the EU and it was to become one of the fastest-growing campaigns in newspaper history. At the opposition – BREXIT – it should come as no surprise that we have just harvested fruit of the seeds sown at that 2010 conjunction.
- BREXIT is about the death and REBIRTH of the heart and soul of a nation (BREXIT Pluto conjunct the UK’s Sun in Capricorn in the 4th house). Yes, indeed it is that but it is also something else too – BREXIT is part of much bigger (global) picture – i.e. radical restructuring of the world order. OK, the deal here is that BREXIT happened during outgoing square – (i.e. 90 degrees – manifestation – CRISIS POINT) – of the current Pluto/Uranus (127-year) cycle, which commenced in 1965/66). It was in 1965 that Nigel Lawson said that the UK should join the Common Market (as the EU was then called) – because its only choice was between that and backward looking protectionism. But it was not long after the UK joined the EU/EEC in 1973 that the reality of that decision was to come home to roost. Even by the 1970’s the EU had made moves toward monetary union and tax harmonisation – and the English jurist, Lord Denning, explained in 1974 that EEC Law was ‘like an incoming tide’ that cannot be held back. With BREXIT, this tide has now turned – the dikes of protectionism will no longer be breached. What might this suggest about the world-wide future of the ever-growing tide of globalism? If what just happened with BREXIT is any indication, I think we now know the answer – all things both good and bad must someday, come to an end.
- BREXIT is also about regaining the DREAM of the UK’s once superior international network of commercial interests (BREXIT Neptune sextile UK Mars in Taurus in the 9th house – also note that the BREXIT Mars in Taurus is also conjunct the UK’s Mars in Taurus). But whether this dream of renewal is possible to achieve is highly questionable to the least because Neptune always undermines Mars’ efforts. It has been suggested (Baigent, Campion, Harvey) that the UK’s natal Mars in the 8th house in opposition to Neptune indicates all the wars fought to support the UK superior network of commercial interests – especially as a maritime power – Britannia rules the waves!? Let’s not forget that BREXIT has done nothing to change this – that Neptune/Mars natal aspect that served the UK so well for so many years remains firmly fixed in place. Perhaps UK politicians should take note that although ruling the waves again like in times gone by may no longer be a realistic possibility, Neptune also rules fishing, drugs, oil, and promotion of stock companies.
- There are fears that BREXIT means financial setbacks for the UK – and, at least in the short-term, and that is probably inevitable – but how bad will it be and for how long? Venus governs money – financial institutions, bankers, as well as national resources. In in the BREXIT chart, Venus is pedalling backwards – i.e. retrograde motion. This, I fear, suggests some financial hard times ahead and, quite possibly, because the BREXIT Venus falls in the UK’s 6th house – it will be felt most by the NHS (National Health Service). Hopefully, however, this back-pedalling won’t go on for too long – it’s a given that eventually, Venus will turn and move forwards again (17 ephemeris days = 17 months?). Note also that in the BREXIT chart Mercury (science, literary works, education and the press) is making a close trine to Saturn (structure, regulations, discipline). So one way forward economically might be for the UK to introduce laws encouraging the export of education and literature – both endeavours of which the UK is already well-respected and well-known. This suggestion is echoed by the fact that the BREXIT Saturn is in the UK’s natal 3rd house (trade, education, communication) and trine the UK’s own natal Saturn in the 11th (parliament).
Leave a Reply