The Solar Return chart gives a brief snapshot of a 12 month period (birthday-to-birthday). Such predictive techniques are necessarily short and sweet giving you, the client, the chance to fill in the details for yourself.
The following is for Ms K’s – 2016-2017:
You’ve been busy thinking not only about others but also how your life fits with theirs. But please be careful what actions you take based on conclusions that you may have drawn. Failure to exercise due caution could land you in big trouble. You’re in a period of testing as to your ability to exercise self restraint and, based on your natal chart, this may not be easy.
- Solar Return (SR) Mercury (28 Scorpio 50) is trine the SR Ascendant (28 Cancer 50). This suggests that since your last birthday, you’ve been busy forming ideas about others as well as determining your own position in regards to them. Although chances are that you’ve not been sharing your thoughts or conclusions (Mercury is secretive in Scorpio), you’ve undoubtedly drawn up a good list. But please be careful about whatever it is that you might plan to do as the result of these conclusions. The trine aspect is oft described as a slippery slope – one step in that direction and whoosh, down in the mud you go!
- Needless to say that during 2016-17, actions taken without careful forethought could land you in big trouble – perhaps, even causing serious damage to your status and/or social position.
- SR Mars (1 Aquarius 55) is also making a sextile your SR Mid-heaven (MC) at 2 Aires 19:
- According to classical astrology, Mars in Aquarius ‘is inclined more easily towards doing evil’ and can be ‘rash and reckless’ with ‘little concern for planning.’
- Because the MC symbolises, amongst other things, your position in the community, your reputation is on the line.
- Luckily, the sextile gives plenty of room to manoeuvre: you can either take up what it offers or walk away. By taking one approach, this SR MC in Aries could manifest as the successful, confident establishment of your individuality. Equally, a different approach will lead to rash, covetous behaviour.
- Using the classical technique known as Directing by Triplicity, we again see the need for careful consideration. You are moving from a period governed by your natal Sun in Scorpio to that governed by your Saturn in Capricorn. This is a huge and significant shift:
|Key words for Sun in Scorpio||Struggle, will power, succeed at any cost – prone to overestimation of ‘self’ which in turn leads to arguments/difficulties.|
|Key words for Saturn in Capricorn||Self-restraint, diplomacy, endurance, industry, a strong will to succeed through slow but sure advancement.|
- Interestingly, both your natal Sun and Saturn make close (but different) aspects to your natal Mars in Cancer:
|Key words for Mars in Cancer||Intense emotional life, moodiness, impulsivity marked by little perseverance.|
What this means is that both the periods governed by your Sun and now, by Saturn are infused with this Martian energy – whereby your actions are governed not so much by rational thought but by emotions and instinct. But there is a difference. While your Sun and Mars have much in common (including perhaps a taste ’emotional blackmail’), your Mars and Saturn do not and herein, is the problem.
- Since February 2015, transiting Pluto (deep, and often painful, change) has been making a prolonged ‘hit’ to both your natal Sun/Mars and Saturn/Mars . This will continue until well into 2019.
- Whilst Pluto and Mars get on well enough (they are joint rules of Scorpio), Pluto and Saturn are natural enemies; Saturn builds things and Pluto tears them down. Obviously, this is not a ‘feel good’ time. But it is a time during which you can get grips with where your prior approach has let your down.
- Throughout all of calendar 2019, you will enjoy your second Saturn Return (the first one having occurred around age 29-30). This period will not only help you to consolidate your Saturn but also to integrate its constructive (building) energy into your life. Even better, is that during most of 2018, you are due for a huge boost of in your patience (transiting Saturn conjunct natal Jupiter).
- All of this bodes well for your future whilst at the same time all the more difficult to achieve if, during 2016-17, you land yourself in big trouble with ill-considered actions based on ill-considered conclusions/ideas.