Some have suggested that Putin and Trump are two peas in a pod – and on the surface, it might look as if this is true.
But astrologically, you couldn’t ask for two different men, at least in regards to ‘truth’:
- Both men share close contacts between Mercury and Neptune – hence the construction and delivery of alternative realities is something they most definitely share.
- But although Trump’s square aspect between the two suggests confused rational/logical thought processes resulting in self-deception, Putin’s conjunction suggests something more sophisticated.
- With Mercury/Neptune in close conjunction, Putin has the innate ability to purposely design creative alternative truths to serve his own purposes.
- Furthermore, with Mars in Sagittarius also closely sextile to his Mercury/Neptune, Putin is more (philosophically) committed to his purposes (whatever they might be) than Trump – whose Mars in Leo on the Ascendent suggests he is driven by more by the need of a personal ego-trip than deeply held convictions.
- Note also that because his Neptune/Mercury is in Libra, Putin can deliver his truths in a clear, calm, and let’s face it, disarmingly charming manner. Mercury in Libra is highly rational and very logical. Putin’s is the voice of a well-seasoned and well-practiced lawyer or diplomat.
- By contrast, Trump’s Mercury in Cancer suggests that delivery of his truths are straight from the ‘heart’ (or the gut) and are more than likely than not, to be highly emotional. Trump’s is the voice of a sentimental, often highly defensive individual who intuitively knows what to say to get the reaction from others that he wants.
- Not only that, but Putin’s Mercury is sextile Pluto – suggesting that unlike Trump, Putin is very good at getting to the bottom of everything – truth does not hide from him – likewise, Putin also very good at hiding truth – something that Trump (with Mercury in Cancer) is not.
Bottom line – Trump may not even realise his ‘truth’ isn’t always what others see -but Putin not only realises his truths are ‘creative’ but is highly capable of using this to his advantage.
Leave a Reply