Out of the blue, Ms P has announced her intention marry another woman in June of this year.
Her family have asked whether this ‘unconventional’ marriage is in Ms P’s best interest?
SUMMARY – In the shorter term, perhaps not – at least in the sense that for the next couple of years, this relationship is likely to be a source of considerable tension for Ms P both domestically and economically. However, if Ms P rises to the occasion during her upcoming Saturn return and addresses her priorities in a realistic and adult manner, she has the opportunity to redefine her life in such a way that will be supportive both of her own future as well as that of her unconventional marriage.
ANALYSIS – Undoubtedly Ms P is a clever lass. She has a quick mind and is highly intuitive (natal Mercury in Gemini in opposition to Uranus). Even though her flashes of brilliance might be interspersed with periods of dreaminess and/or, to be frank, just plain laziness, at the end of the day, Ms P is generally a sensible person.
The problem is that when it comes to love – Ms P is NOT always sensible.
With her Moon (Pisces) conjunct Mars, on all matters emotional Ms P has the tendency to be hot-blooded, easily excitable and self-absorbed. Not only that, but Ms P has an inherent need to break relationship ‘rules’ just for show (natal Venus opposition Uranus). At a minimum, because she has such a pressing need to remain spontaneous and ‘free’, her relationships will have tended to be ‘off and on’, characterised by abrupt beginnings and endings.
A more serious problem, however, is her Mars in Pisces. As the agent for action and drive, Mars should actively assert itself to get what it wants/needs. But in Pisces, Mars can rarely – if ever – do that. Instead, Mars in Pisces seethes in silence while on the surface it ‘goes with the flow’. This leaves Ms P often feeling not only frustrated, but also guilty. With Pluto trine her Mars, however, Ms does eventually get what she wants. Mars trine Pluto is not only highly strategic but also perfectly happy out-waiting and outwitting others. The only problem is that with this aspect, covert manipulation runs both ways.
RE: her upcoming marriage, Ms P’s immediate future is challenging:
- Her solar return (SR) for 2016/17 features Mercury (1st house) opposition Mars (7th house) suggesting at best, a clouded understanding of her real situation. Not only that but with her SR Sun conjunct SR Venus in the 2nd house opposing her SR Saturn in the 8th, she can expect testing times regarding shared finances/debts as well as perhaps even problems with an inheritance. SR Moon (3rd house) sextile SR Uranus (12th house) suggests ‘mixed messages’ and/or even perhaps that she is ‘of two minds’ in regards to her upcoming marriage.
- Solar return (SR) 2017/18 doesn’t look much better. Although SR Sun (11th house) trine SR Jupiter (4th house) indicates a happy expansion of Ms P’s future hopes and dreams, that SR Jupiter is in difficult quincunx aspect to Neptune (9th house)– suggesting her hopes/dreams regarding her domestic situation (4th house) is out of sync with reality. Finally, her SR Venus conjunct SR Uranus in her very public 10th house suggests that in large part, she will in large part define herself by her unconventional marriage.
RE: in the longer term – we can only hope that Ms P will take advantage of her first Saturn return during 2017-18 to consolidate her life in a way that allows for her new relationship to flourish. Saturn is all about what we are building in our lives and this first Saturn return is a big test as to whether what she’s building will fly in the real world.
- Earlier in 2017, prior to her Saturn, Ms P will undergo transiting Saturn (1) in opposition to her Venus (relationship tested and finances under stress) and (2) in opposition to her Mercury (feeling pessimistic and misunderstood). During this time (May – Nov 2017), these two transits will highlight Ms P’s unrealistic plans re: relationship, finances, and all forms of communication.
- Also prior to her Saturn return, Ms P will undergo transiting Jupiter square her Ascendant – during which time both her career and her new family will highlight new pressures that she won’t have expected.
- However uncomfortable, these three transits are good preparation for that upcoming Saturn return – which, because it falls in her 6th house, suggests that Ms P must not only rearrange her priorities but also better organise both her time and energy else health issues could well become a problem in the future. Luckily, because Ms P’s natal Moon is sextile Saturn, if she puts her mind to it she should have no real trouble becoming more orderly, disciplined, and grounded in a way that well supports her emotional attachments.