Summary – Haven’t been feeling yourself? Gloom and doom got you down? Has someone you thought you could trust deceived you? The dark cloud under which you’ve been living these past nine months will soon lift but you’ll still need to remain vigilant to avoid being deluded. Keep your spirits up! Although your skies may stay grey awhile longer, you actually are in the midst of a fantastic period of your life. How about developing your artistic abilities?
- With Solar Return (SR) Saturn on the SR Midheaven (MC) – expect a long, hard slog re: career aspirations; expect to be tired and, quite possibly, fed up. With the SR Moon also square your SR MC (and also Saturn), moodiness is magnified.
- But whenever Saturn is involved there’s real opportunity for achievement – it’s like the race between the tortoise and the hare – the tortoise (Saturn) always wins not only because he never gives up, but he also knows how to pace himself.
- With the fixed star, Ras algethi (Stars of Hercules), conjunct this SR Saturn, there are added elements of boldness, courage, and leadership. How about channelling some energy into a project other than your day job – perhaps a charity or political cause that would give your life more purpose?
- Granted, positive action is difficult now not the least because Neptune is in the same degree as the nodal axis. Have you been expecting more from people than they were able to give even whilst your own sense of team/community spirit is lagging? If so, there’s good reason and with this configuration, it probably involves having been on the receiving end of some deceit/untruthfulness undertaken by someone whom you felt you could trust. It’s always worth considering, however, whether it might not have been so much that he/she told lies but that you weren’t able (or willing) to see the truth?
- Good news. This black cloud over your head is active only from around the time of your birthday in 2016 until the same time in 2017. Better news. This period is ¾ over!
- Two midpoints activated in this 2016-17 SR chart:
- Moon/Neptune – Saturn: this underlines pessimistic moods – this isn’t avoidable but it is temporary.
- Sun/Pluto – Neptune: lack of energy and potential health issues – avoid becoming a martyr under any circumstances.
- SR Neptune is conjunct the SR MC and because it also rules the MC, it’s doubly important. Keywords for Neptune = impressionable, sympathetic, spiritual. Sounds good – but beware! With Neptune, there are always possibilities of being tricked, deceived, or otherwise deluded and with the MC, this is likely to manifest in your career. The best defence is a good offense and so dot every ‘i’ and cross every ‘t’ when it comes to your job. Don’t take chances. It also couldn’t hurt to take periodic advice from someone who has proven trustworthy in the past. Not everything that glitters is gold and during this period, you’ll have trouble telling the difference.
- No other planets are making (Ptolemaic) aspects to the angles and no planets are in the same degree as the nodal axis. Likewise, there are no midpoints we need to consider. So, let’s take a look at a few other predictive techniques to help get a better flavour for this period.
- Directing by triplicity is a simple but powerful tool involving the triplicity rulers of the main luminary in your natal chart (born at night=the Moon).
- Because your natal moon is in Taurus, we look to the triplicity rulers for earth. Whilst your Moon in Taurus ruled the first 1/3 of your life, Venus in Libra is now running the show. This is a lovely, positive energy – life at its best and fully enjoyed! Keywords = friendly and obliging manner, fabulous social contacts, excellent taste, and nascent artistic skills.
- Because of the sextile between your natal Venus and natal Neptune, all this is doubly highlighted. Maybe you’re a romantic with very high ideals? You certainly know how to get the most out of life as long as you avoid giving into chronic indecision and/or uncertainty.
- Pluto is also tied in with your Venus (by conjunction) suggesting that when it comes to romance, you may be somewhat fanatical. It’s perfectly OK to look for intensity in relationships but, please, do try to avoid power plays.
- Key transits (hard aspects only – they are most likely to materialise):
- Transiting Saturn opposing your natal Jupiter (February 2018, June 2018, and November 2018) – testing not only your patience but also your self-confidence. With natal Jupiter in your 10th house, this is likely to felt most in your profession/career. Because transiting Saturn is in your 4th house, you may be confronted with dividing your loyalties between your job and home. Where is your sense of duty?
- Transiting Uranus will make a square to natal your Mars (May 2018, and October/November 2018) – you’ll likely feel more argumentative than usual. This isn’t necessarily bad, however, as long as you direct your energy toward achieving things of real importance. Because your Mars is also in your 10th house, this too is most likely to manifest as the result of your job.
Leave a Reply